Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Dead-ication

I chose a pretty odd time to start a blog about getting fit, given that today was the first day this week that I actually made it to the gym.

You see, life is complicated.

True story.

October began as a really awesome fitness month for me. I was hitting my goals with ease and I was beyond excited for the new challenge that Simon threw my way.

You may not know this about me, but I live and breathe and eat and dream spankings. I love spankings more than I love my mommy and chocolate combined, and while chocolate does most of the heavy lifting in that equation, trust me when I say that it represents a LOT of love.

Ya know that old saw about the sadist and the masochist and doing nothing?

 Well, you don't motivate a hardwired, masochistic spanko with threats of spanking; you motivate her by making her earn her beatings, and that is just what Simon elected to do, by way of goal sets.
 
The first goal set took me over two months to finish, and to be perfectly honest (and what is the point of this blog if not to be completely transparent?), I did kind of phone it in. At one point, the Vanilla BFF remarked that he thought the point of all of this was for me to actually lose weight with some kind of consistency, and he was correct.

So, when I did finish the first set and it was time to begin the second, the game changed. The goals got harder to complete, and a time limit was imposed. If I did not finish in 30 days, everything got reset to zero and I would have to start earning my beating all over again.

So, I was motivated.

And then life threw a right hook and hit me square in the jaw.

At the end of last week, someone I loved dearly died and I didn't see it coming. I don't deal well with death. I was really sad for a few days and managed to go through the motions rather well, but just as I was beginning to feel like myself again, I got a nasty flu bug and spent three days introducing the contents of my stomach back into the outside world.

So, I did not even attempt to do any kind of exercise until today.

And the results were rather pitiful. Apparently, it takes time for one's body to regain strength after sickness.

My trainer asked me when I had finally started feeling better, and when I told her today, she gave me a horrified look and sent me home.

So, here I am, sitting at my desk instead of making the eliptical my bitch.

But I will return soon, with all the force of a great typhoon... or something.

13 comments: